The heart of the SMSA, our Library on level 2 is the longest-running continuous lending library in Australia, operating since 1833. Our collection is unique, with our members calling it the ‘best fiction library in Sydney’. You’ll find books on our shelves that you won’t find in other libraries — and our Mystery and Crime section is of particular pride. Our eBooks, Audiobooks and eMagazines are also very popular.
- A peaceful place in the heart of the CBD in which to wander, read or connect with friends.
- Borrow up to ten (10) items per subscription, including two (2) new books, in any combination of books or magazines.
- Loan period of 8 weeks for books and 2 weeks for new books and magazines.
- 24/7 access to eBooks and Audiobooks loans of up to 21 days. Read on your computer, smartphone, eReader or tablet.
- Download eMagazines using your computer, smartphone or tablet — and keep them for as long as you like.
- Beamafilm allows members to stream films and documentaries for free to any internet connected device – PC, smartphone, tablet or even your TV using ChromeCast or Apple TV.
- Access a range of Sydney, national and international newspapers.
- Computers, internet, printing facilities and comfortable seating areas are available.