All persons associated with or using the facilities of the School shall:
- Treat all others with courtesy;
- Conduct themselves in a manner that does not cause offence or stress to others;
- Be honest and fair in their dealings within the School;
- Respect the privacy of other individuals, in particular information acquired as part of their role in the organisation;
- Not make improper use of information acquired;
- Use due care and diligence in fulfilling their functions and exercising any powers attached to their role within the School;
- Should not engage in conduct likely to bring discredit on the School; and
- If a member or employee, not allow personal interests, or the interests of any associated person, to conflict with the interests of the School.
Everyone has an obligation not only to comply with the letter of the law, but also to have regard to the spirit of the principles underlying it. In particular, discrimination is not permissible on the grounds of religion, gender, sexual preference, disability, age, national origin, marital status or political affiliation as required by national legislation.
The Code established the standards of behaviour required of members, staff and users of the School’s facilities and services
Procedural statement (where relevant)
- The code is to be referenced wherever appropriate in the School’s communications, including written and electronic.
- It should be displayed at selected locations throughout the School’s premises.
- Any concerns about compliance with this policy should be brought to the attention of the Secretary or a Director at the earliest opportunity, who will ensure those concerns are addressed.
Designated owner (person/committee)
The Code of Conduct for the Sydney Mechanics’ School of Art may be downloaded here:
If you have any questions about this document, please contact the Secretary on 02 9262 7300.