VIRTUAL VIEWING PARTY: Scarlet Street (1945)
Date & Time
This will be a virtual event via Zoom and Beamafilm.
💥There is a TWO STEP registration process:
1. Register below to receive the Zoom meeting details.
CLICK HERE TO Register
2. You must have a Beamafilm account to watch the film. Please set up a Beamafilm account at least 2-3 days before the event so that there are no issues on the day. Beamafilm is 100% FREE for SMSA members. Non-members may join SMSA or use their existing Beamafilm accounts. No action is required if you already have a Beamafilm account.
Join us via Zoom and Beamafilm to watch and discuss Scarlet Street (1945).
Scarlet Street (1945)
Directed by Fritz Lang
Film Noir, Crime | English | 103 mins | PG
Starring Edward G. Robinson, Joan Bennett and Dan Duryea
Chris (Edward G. Robinson) is an amateur artist who becomes smitten with Kitty (Joan Bennett), letting her believe he is a wealthy artist. Kitty’s lover Johnny (Dan Duryea) urges her to woo Chris. Johnny devises a plan to sell Chris’ artwork under Kitty’s name, with disastrous and ironic results.
The film is based on the French novel La Chienne by Georges de La Fouchardière, which had been previously dramatized on stage by André Mouëzy-Éon, and cinematically as La Chienne (1931) by director Jean Renoir.
How the Virtual Viewing Party will work
This “Virtual Viewing Party” will provide film lovers with an opportunity to discuss this film with like-minded people. We will convene on Zoom for a short introduction by Peter Rainey, then you will be prompted to log into Beamafilm* to watch the film. After the film finishes, we will reconvene on Zoom for a wrap up discussion and questions.
1.30pm Zoom Introduction
1.50pm Watch film on Beamafilm
Approx 3.45pm Zoom wrap up discussion and questions
CLICK HERE TO RegisteR AND RECEIVE THE ZOOM LINK
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST HAVE A BEAMAFILM ACCOUNT
Please make sure you set up your Beamafilm account at least 2-3 days before the event.
It is your responsibility to do this ahead of time, as staff will not be available to assist you on the day of the screening.
To set up your Beamafilm account:
- SMSA members can set up a Beamafilm account for FREE using your SMSA Member Number, which can be found on the back of your membership card or by emailing the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org. Beamafilm is 100% free for SMSA members. Click here to set up your Beamafilm account.
- Non-members are welcome join SMSA at smsa.org.au/join or use their existing Beamafilm account (for example, if you have a Beamafilm account through another library).
- Once the SMSA library has processed your membership and sent you your Member Number, you can then create your free Beamfilm account. NB: Please allow 2-3 additional days for the Library to process your membership and send your SMSA Member Number to you. Memberships cannot be processed over the weekend.
Images: Scarlet Street (1963), Walter Wanger Productions, Fritz Lang Productions, Diana Production Company