VIRTUAL VIEWING PARTY: About Elly (2009)
Date & Time
This will be a virtual event via Zoom and Beamafilm.
💥There is a TWO STEP registration process:
1. Register below to receive the Zoom meeting details.
CLICK HERE TO Register
2. You must have a Beamafilm account to watch the film. Please set up a Beamafilm account at least 2-3 days before the event so that there are no issues on the day. Beamafilm is 100% FREE for SMSA members. Non-members may join SMSA or use their existing Beamafilm accounts. No action is required if you already have a Beamafilm account.
Join us via Zoom and Beamafilm to watch and discuss Asghar Farhadi’s About Elly (2009).
About Elly (2009)
Directed by Asghar Farhadi
Drama, Thriller | Persian with English Subtitles | 114 mins | M
Starring Golshifteh Farahani, Taraneh Alidoosti, Shahab Hosseini
A group of friends leave Tehran for a long weekend on the Caspian Sea. A young nursery teacher named Elly is invited along to join the good friends and family. The reason is soon made apparent. She’s being set-up with a recently divorced man. What seems simple on the surface in a Farhadi film rarely is…
Over an easy-going holiday, tensions rise until a crisis point is triggered. A mystery develops and as the drama heightens, Farhadi zooms in on the issues inherent in the truth, lies, and places between them. What is the truth about Elly?
Two of Farhadi’s other films, A Separation and The Salesman, were popular screenings at SMSA in 2018 and 2020.
How the Virtual Viewing Party will work
This “Virtual Viewing Party” will provide film lovers with an opportunity to discuss this film with like-minded people. We will convene on Zoom for a short introduction by Peter Rainey, then you will be prompted to log into Beamafilm* to watch the film. After the film finishes, we will reconvene on Zoom for a wrap up discussion and questions.
1.30pm Zoom Introduction
1.50pm Watch film on Beamafilm
Approx 4.00pm Zoom wrap up discussion and questions
CLICK HERE TO RegisteR AND RECEIVE THE ZOOM LINK
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST HAVE A BEAMAFILM ACCOUNT
To watch this film, you will need to have a Beamafilmaccount. Beamafilm is 100% free for SMSA members.
Please make sure you set up your Beamafilm account at least 2-3 days before the event.
It is your responsibility to do this ahead of time, as staff will not be available to assist you on the day of the screening.
To set up your Beamafilm account:
- SMSA members can set up a Beamafilm account for FREE using your SMSA Member Number, which can be found on the back of your membership card or by emailing the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org. Beamafilm is 100% free for SMSA members.
- Non-members are welcome join SMSA at smsa.org.au/join or use their existing Beamafilm account (for example, if you have a Beamafilm account through another library).
- Once the SMSA library has processed your membership and sent you your Member Number, you can then create your free Beamfilm account. NB: Please allow 2-3 additional days for the Library to process your membership and send your SMSA Member Number to you. Memberships cannot be processed over the weekend.